Over centuries, some of the greatest artists in history have sought to depict the story of Christmas. This article takes a look at 10 of the most glorious works of art ever created that show us the true meaning of Christmas.
Follow the history of Santa Claus from a serious but generous 4th century saint to the jolly St. Nick still delighting children today.
Impressionism (1865–1885) and Post-Impressionism (1885–1910) Impressionism and Post-Impressionism have been called a fight about form and function in art. Impressionism was a painting style concentrating more on color and the representation of things in the real sense. Post-Impressionist painters gave a lot of importance to the emotional aspect of human behavior, and little importance to […]
Romanesque (c. 1000 AD) The Romanesque Period began around approximately 1000 AD. This style was seen throughout Europe until the rise of the Gothic style in the 13th century. Romanesque architecture retained many basic features of Roman architectural style, while both sculpture and painting were characterized by a very vigorous style. Painting was similar to […]
The Stone Age (30,000 b.c.–2500 b.c.) The history of art begins in the Stone Age. Predating writing by almost 27,000 years, art was seen in cave paintings, fertility goddesses, and megalithic structures. The Stone Age consisted of 3 distinct periods: Paleolithic (the earliest human artifacts showing evidence of workmanship with an artistic purpose), Mesolithic (representational […]
- Digital Marketing in Uncertain TimesMay 2, 2020 - 8:30 am
- How Business Owners Can Stay Connected to Customers During the PandemicApril 15, 2020 - 1:16 pm
- Grow Your Business and Strengthen Your Brand With Search and Review SitesApril 10, 2020 - 4:50 pm
- 20 Things Small Business Owners Should Do In 2020January 2, 2020 - 3:28 pm
- Mad Marketing Skills and Drills for Small Business OwnersMarch 26, 2017 - 6:29 am